Saturday, June 2, 2012

Tone Deaf

As a hint, I have just in the Chinese class. Nothing can make you feel that the tone deaf and language less than than the Chinese faster. In addition to perhaps English, if you Chinese people are learning English as a Second Language. Sound is a flat, a bit high - "Mom, I'm going outside." Sound from low to high - "Ma did not hear I'm going outside now?" 3 audio-visual roller coaster (think Junior the sound through her ​​eyes, rolling after being told to go home 9:00, do not do any "sly" with her boyfriend) - "Ma!" If this analogy is not as you work, try to imagine the horror movie girl called uncertainty, her mother (almost certainly die in the top of the stairs) - "Ma" sound 4 the end of the outcome of a parameter, from high to low - "the horse get off my case."

3 comments:

  1. Yeah I know EXACTLY what you mean. Studied mandarin for a total of five years. Once your ear is in, you'll pick up the tones a lot faster. BUT concentrate on your writing. You're lost if you don't have a picture to tie the words to. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misha!! I am delighted by your comment. First, that you understood exactly what I meant here... LOL I'm assuming you actually read the sidebar, too.

      Second, that your reply to it was so sensible! (I get surprisingly little spam on this blog - wonder why?) Welcome to my silly corner of the blogging world, Misha. Nice to meet you. Xie Xie! :)

      Delete
  2. Greetings, earthling!! Shouldn’t be long, gottawanna run back to Heaven; however, in the meantime, take anything and everything you wanna from our wonderfull, plethora-of-thot to write the next, great masterpeace -if- I can but kiss your gorgeous, adorable feets and/or cuddle withe greatest, ex-mortal-girly-ever to arrive in Seventh Heaven. Think about it. Do it! Get back with me Upstairs, k? God bless you, doll: pleasure-beyond-measure is waiting in the Great Beyond for you and eye. PS: the musical name MORENDO means dying-away in tone-and-time. How verrry appropos for U.S. …thewarningsecondcoming.com

    ReplyDelete